Katherine Stimson, CSEP
K Stimson Events, LLC
18208 Preston Rd Suite D9-145
Dallas, TX 75252
305.401.7483 phone 305.359.5490 fax
Summary of Qualifications
Entertainment Director, Fitbit Lifetime Fitness Athletic Events Miami Marathon, 2014-present
Adjunct Instructor, Travel Exposition and Meeting Management Program, Richland College
Developed original coursework for Sports & Festival Marketing & Event Entrepreneurship
Experiential & Event Staffing Recruiter and Event Manager in over 40 states, Puerto Rico & Canada
University of Miami, Coral Gables, Florida — May 2007
M.M. in Music Business & Entertainment Industry Studies
Coursework in: Music copyright law, analysis of entertainment industry contracts, with an emphasis on new media/new business model contracts, budgeting and licensing.
York University, Toronto, Ontario, Canada— June 2004
BFA Spec. Hons. In Music
Adjunct Instructor, Travel Exposition and Meeting Management June 2014-present
Richland College Dallas County Community College District
Researched, wrote original coursework and instructed: TRVM 1291, Special Topics: Sports & Festival Marketing
- Overview of the aspects and skills necessary to plan community festivals, national tours, and experimental marketing campaigns. Emphasis on identifying appropriate demographics and market segments, sponsorship and funding, client proposals, permitting processes, logistics concerns, insurance, budgeting, marketing, promotions, and public relations plan, emergency/contingency planning, and staffing/volunteers.
- Students complete an in-depth, semester-long event plan based on a real world event scenario. Course is taught in hybrid in-class/online format, with option for all remote learning for out of town students.
Researched and wrote original coursework for TRVM 1291, Special Topics: Event Entrepreneurship (class instruction launches Winter 2018 semester):
- Overview of the pre-planning, establishment, and marketing of a small business within the event industry. Business structures, background needed to start the proposed business, marketing and business plans, financing/budgeting, client and vendor agreements, client proposals, establishing fee structures, state and local tax considerations, employment vs. independent contractors, branding, accounting and inventory, organization and time management strategies for a small business.
- Students complete an in-depth, semester-long business plan based on a real world event industry business. Course to be taught in hybrid in-class/online format.
Certificates, Certifications and Other Qualifications
Certified Special Events Professional (CSEP) designation from the International Live Events Association (ILEA), 2014
Certificate in Meeting & Event Management, University of Massachusetts, 2009
Continuing Education in Travel, Exposition and Meeting Management, Richland College
- Coursework included: Special Events Design, International Convention/Meeting Management, Convention and Exposition Law and Ethics, Conducting Secure Meetings and Events, Audio Visual for Event Professionals and Introduction to Exposition and Trade Show Management.
Relevant Work Experience
Freelance Entertainment Director, K Stimson Events, LLC Dallas, TX– 2010-Present
Current and past clients include: The Biggest Loser 5K; Divas Half Marathon & 5K Series (Long Island, Peachtree City, DC Wine Country, San Juan, PR, St Augustine Beach, Temecula, Galveston, Branson, San Francisco Bay, Vail, Honolulu, Punta Gorda, FL); NC Half Marathon, Empire State Marathon, & Myrtle Beach Mini Marathon. Michelob Ultra 13.1 Marathon Series (New York, Boston, Los Angeles, Chicago, Atlanta, Ft Lauderdale, Minneapolis)
Entertainment Director, Fitbit Lifetime Fitness Miami Marathon 2014-present
Entertainment Coordinator, ING Miami Marathon 2008-2013
Entertainment Intern, ING Miami Marathon 2007
- Recruitment and on site management of in-market and touring bands, DJs, community/neighborhood groups, announcers and entertainment production staff for expo, VIP parties, on course entertainment, start line, finish line, and post-race festivals.
- Develop, manage and maintain entertainment budget, client proposals, entertainment event production timelines, run of show, and vendor invoices. Generated content for Miami Marathon entertainment press releases and social media promotion. Place vendor orders for staging, sound/lighting, temp labor, power/generators.
- Manage teams remotely nationwide using technology productivity tools such as Google Docs, Skype, Go to Meeting, Slack, Group Me, Dropbox.
Consultant to DinDin Party, LLC (2017-present)
Event planning consultant to Dallas-based sharing economy dinner and event party startup.
A+ Student Staffing, Inc. Dallas, TX 2013-present
Contract national recruiter for experiential marketing campaigns and national tours.
- End clients included: AT&T “It Can Wait” Campaign East & West Coast Tours, AT&T Techgating Southwest Tour, Hilton Honors, Wingstop, Johnson & Johnson, Netflix, Dannon, Groupon, Photomadic, American Airlines, DairyMax, State Farm, Doritos, Top Golf, Quaker, Pizza Hut ESPN College Game Day, Wendy’s.
- Recruitment, staffing and management of brand ambassadors, promotional models, field managers, emcees, and acting talent for end clients’ experiential marketing campaigns in over 40 states, Puerto Rico and Canada.
- Procurement of talent on <24 hours notice deadlines to ongoing, long term campaigns of up to 1 year. Exceed client expectations of skill level/talent, ability to effectively communicate brand messaging, appearance and diversity requirements.
- Expertise in staffing bilingual and LGBTQ focused events.
- Provide guidance on event logistical elements, including assets, staffing levels, production schedule and run of show.
- Bartender/Busser Manager, Super Bowl 50 Official NFL Tailgate Party (Santa Clara, CA, 2016 and Super Bowl 51 (Houston, TX, 2017)
- Recruitment manager for JC Penney distribution campaign in 50 locations nationwide, executed simultaneously on April 16, 2016- Program of 100 staff.
- Recruitment manager on Quaker National Oatmeal Day program (October 2015), simultaneous launch in NY, Boston, Chicago, DC, Los Angeles, San Francisco- Program of 50+ staff.
- Recruitment manager for State Farm marketing activation NBA All Star Game(2014) and AT&T marketing activation NBA All Star Game (2015)- 50+ staff per program.
- Recruitment manager for AT&T Mexico vs. Paraguay Futbol Fiesta (Atlanta, GA) halftime show field staff, May 2016- 30 staff for the program.
Recruitment manager for 2016 and 2017 Pizza Hut College Game Day weekly marketing activations during college football season. Procurement of 20 staff each weekly for the Pizza Hut marketing activation on 6 days lead time each week.
- Field Manager, “It Can Wait” Marketing Activation at 2016 AT&T Annual Shareholders Meeting, Billings, MT
- Presented marketing activation for Chairman and CEO of AT&T, VPs and Board of Directors.
- Field Manager, AT&T Delray Beach, FL Senior Tech Rally (2015-present).
- Ongoing grant program between AT&T & FCC to improve senior technology literacy in Delray Beach, FL market. Recruitment and hiring of event staff for the monthly program; on site management of staff and ensure attendee engagement; completion of event recap and metrics for client.
Suman Entertainment Group, LLC Miami, FL 2006-2016
Contract processing administrator for musicians and entertainers for the cruise industry, corporate/social events and national tours. End clients included NCL, Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, Regent Seven Seas, Princess, Holland America.
- Areas of expertise: Maritime pre-employment medical requirements for musicians originating from North America, South America, Europe, Philippines, Russia and Ukraine, international background check and visa applications, STCW training, U.S. Coast Guard merchant mariner requirements for work aboard U.S. flagged vessels, travel routing.
Bennett Law Office, PC Lewisville, TX 2007-2010
Intellectual Property Paralegal for an entertainment, copyright & trademark/brand management law firm.
- Drafting of entertainment contracts, licensing and music publishing agreements, copyright and trademark applications, and client correspondence.
- Performed market research, identified potential new clients and referral sources, and carried out client referral, incentive, and retention programs to boost firm client base.
Areas of Academic Interest
Experiential marketing and brand management campaigns
Human resources management in the event industry
Sharing/access economy and collaborative consumption events
Small business management in the event industry
Emerging event production in Cuba: Visited Havana, Trinidad and Cienfuegos in June 2015 as part of an eight day National Geographic Cultural Exchange Expedition.
Dallas Diner En Blanc Group Leader 2015, 2016, and 2017
Dallas, TX Oak Cliff Mardi Gras Parade Krewe Co-Captain, 2017 and 2018
Dallas Dinner Table Facilitator, 2018 Dallas Dinner Table is held annually on Martin Luther King, Jr. Day to discuss improvement of race relations in the city of Dallas.
Volunteer, City of Dallas Emergency Management Drills, 2017 and 2018 Toastmasters International 2012-present
2015-2016 Area 76 Director, District 50 Toastmasters
2015-2016 Mentor for ActiveX Toastmasters club
Coordinator, 2015 Dallas Speechcraft “Lean In” workshop for Dallas female business leaders Awarded Toastmasters International High Performance Leadership Award for this program.
Miami Circle Alumni Speaker/College Fair Presenter 2009-present